BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, September 3, 2007

Recap of labor day weekend

First of all...
















This weekend was pretty fun. I wasn't online much which is why I haven't posted all weekend. Friday night Andrew went to his friends house to help him with some work, so it was just the girls and I. We went to the store and got the remainder of Madelynn's school supplies and then a friend called and we met her another friend at McDonald's for dinner and then went to the park. We stayed until bed time and came home. Saturday, Andrew has a computer party to go to (a LAN party, as he calls it) so again it was just us girls. He took the computer with him, and therefore, the girls and I were out all day. We went to the park, the mall, and then across the various stores, looking at Halloween Costumes, so the girls could have a look and see if anything grabbed their attention.

Victoria, most likely, will be this:
















Madelynn is thinking something along the lines of a cat, but I am not sure if she will be with us for Halloween as she wants to go with her mom this year. So, her mom might end up making her a costume instead.

We had a fun day Saturday, and we were so busy, the girls were spent by the time we got home and both were fast asleep by 9pm and didn't get up until 9:30am yesterday!!! Then Maddy's mom came and got her so they could go camping together with her grandma. She will stay with her mom thru Tuesday morning, when she drops her off for her first day of school, and I will pick her up at 11:15am (half day for the first day). So yesterday, realizing that I never did get Victoria back on the school schedule (she has been sleeping in till 9 all summer, prompting a later bedtime) I decided to skip her nap. I was scared, and preparing myself to deal with a cranky toddler. It was quite the opposite. She was on the best behavior ever. No crying or whining in the car, no fussing in the stores, no trying to crawl out of her stroller. However, she didn't want to go to bed early either, so when I put her down at 8, she still didn't fall asleep till 9:30 and slept will 8:30 this morning. Tomorrow morning, she will have to get out of bed at 7:30 to take Daddy to work so we have the car to pick Maddy up. I am hoping she goes to bed tonight on time.

Today, we have nothing planned. I have to clean work, and I will do that during Victoria's nap, but aside from getting groceries on my way home, I don't think we will be leaving the house. We may go to the park this evening, so that Victoria can run some energy off and get some fresh air, hoping that will knock her out at bedtime. I really dislike waking her in the morning, but I don't have a choice now that school is back in session.

Anyway, that is a recap of our weekend. Hope everyone had a great one as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber - Sounds like one of those lovely, last days of summer : ) Hope the day was as relaxing as you planned. Thanks so much for your kind words on my blog - I hope you come back often!

Deb said...

I'm glad you had a nice weekend! And that Victoria did well without a nap - that's awesome... :)