Hello friends!!! I'm back!! I have had so much going on. Sorry I haven't blogged in awhile. 6 weeks I think, maybe longer. Last time I blogged I talked about how the anniversary of my dad's death was taking its toll on me and boy did it! I am finally feeling better. Although I haven't blogged myself, I have still read all my friends blogs everyday.
Now, where to start?? Victoria is 2 years old now. She was on the 31st of March. We went up to my family's place for her birthday this year. We just did a day trip, which meant 6.5 hours in the car, but it was better that we all sleep in our own beds. We had a fun day. My sister had everything set up, the cake made, everyone over. We just had to show up. It was nice. Victoria got to spend time with her aunts, uncles, cousins and grandmas, and she even got some awesome gifts as well. She got to play with her cousin Kaitlynn, who is 6 months younger than her. This is only the 2nd time they have met, the first being when they were 9 and 15 months, so they didn't really play then. I got great pics, but they are on the other computer so I will add them later.
Victoria is getting so big an so smart. She weighed in at 28 pounds at her 2 year well check. Finally catching up. She stayed 21 pounds from 9 to 18 months. Which meant she gained 7 pounds in the last 6 months, but she was small and not eating much back then. She is really healthy. We still didn't get the MMR vaccine. Still holding off. Not sure how much longer before I will break down and get it for her. The doctor said she is very smart for a 2 year old. She knows her entire alphabet and knows every letter by sight as well. She can count to 10. She can sing 2 songs all the way thru. She knows all her colors an every animal sound we can think of. She says over 115 words. We counted and lost track after that. She loves music and dancing and singing. And she LOVES her babies. She discoverd doll houses and loves those as well. She likes dressing up and having her hair done. She is very girly. She LOVES chocolate too! I am so proud of her and she is such a joy to have around.
Maddy is getting so tall. She is only about 7 inches shorter than me, and she reminds me of it everyday. At nearly 9, she is a joy to have around as well. She is an awesome big sister, though she does get jealous sometimes, which is to be expected. She isn't really girly, and loves the outdoors, climbing trees, getting muddy, watching movies, playing games on the computer, drawing and talking. Latest topic? Her new baby brother, due July 1st. They are naming him Myles Jeffrey and Maddy hates the name so she complains about it often. She did the same with Victoria's name, which she doesn't remember, and always says "But I LOVE the name Victoria" when reminded about it. She is SUCH a 9 year old. Very emotional and moody and talking back and once again, all the things to be expected. Overall she is a great kid and we are blessed to have her in our lives.
Andrew is doing well. Just working. And hoping his business picks up so he doesn't get laid off. We have been doing alot of spring cleaning lately and he is getting ready to make the girls some bunkbeds, so he is excited about that. We are just a year away from being able to buy a house, so is getting excited about that. As am I. Me? Oh, just doing the regular, being a mom, running everyone everywhere and trying to get in as much reading as possible. We visit the library once a week and we all love going there. Especially Victoria. She is a reader like her mommy and daddy. Even Maddy has been reading alot latelty. Although now that the weather is getting nicer, we are spending more time outside. We are buying a tent within the next month and plan to camp alot this year. We are all outdoor and nature lovers, and we are all so excited that Victoria is finally at an age where she can enjoy camping. It will be a fun summer.
Well, that's my update. I told myself when I woke up this morning, that I need to blog more. I started this blog as a diary of sorts, for my daughters to be able to look back on someday, so I really need to blog more so they have something to read.
Weekend Wrap-up 1/13/18
8 years ago
5 comments:
What a great update! I'm glad that Victoria had such a wonderful birthday. :)
I missed our get-together didn't I... We were supposed to do something on Saturday - and I completely didn't even think about it until yesterday evening. I'm sorry...
Glad to see you back and hear that you've all been doing great! Happy late birthday to Victoria! :)
I am glad you are blogging again!!!! Hugs!
welcome back :) it's good to blog and get it all out. It is hard though to keep it up. I do struggle some days and would rather go to bed than write a blog but I do it because as you said, it is a way of recording stuff...
Woohoo!! You're back to blogging!! Sorry I didn't see this until now. Now I know I can start coming here again!!
I can't believe Victoria is that big! I put Katie on the scale and she was 23-24 lbs! I think she will just be my little runt. Hard to believe she started out at 9 lbs though!
I was hoping to buy a tent this year so we could start camping too, but now I don't know as if that will happen or not. Paul's friend said we could borrow theirs since they never use it, but then I would worry about something happening to it. We do have a couple little ones (big enough where I could sleep in one with both kids) so I think we might set them up this summer in our woods and camp back there. We have a fire pit, in the woods with the tent.. it will be just like camping, but MUCH cheaper. LOL
Post a Comment