BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, March 7, 2008

Back in action

Well, I haven't been blogging in the last week due to being really down. The anniversary of my dad's death was on the 5th, and its just a really hard time of year for me. I can't believe he has been gone 9 years. The pain still feels so fresh. I spent countless hours on the phone with my family in emotional phone calls, and I am honestly drained. I woke up this morning finally feeling that weight lift off me...the one that comes every year this time. I always tell myself not this year, but it always happens anyway. Either way, I am getting caught up on some blog reading and will begin posting again. Hope everyone is well!

6 comments:

Deb said...

Amber,
I'm so sorry - I can't even imagine how difficult it has to be for you every year. Hugs...

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine how hard it must be either. I've been thinking alot about my Grandparents (both sides) lately and have been an emotional wreck.. I can't imagine had it of been one of my parents. {{hugs}}

Anonymous said...

Oh, Amber... I'm so very sorry! I'll be keeping you in my prayers this week and thinking of you often.

Big Hugs!

mommyof7 (2inheaven) said...

I am just visiting. But I think God had me come here for a reason. I totally understand what you are going through and how hard this is for you. My dad died almost 9 year ago too. It will be 9 years on May 1st. I miss him so much. And his 66th Birthday would have been on March 4th. I miss him so much. He died after my 21st Birthday. He never met my husband or any of my 5 kids. If you ever want to chat I would love to talk. I know it helps to talk to people that have been through this. Just let me know. Also, I lost my Aunt (one of my dad's younger sisters 2 1/2 years ago). And that same year (1999) my dad died 7 months later to the day we lost my mom's mom (my grandma). She and I were very close when I was growing up. Email me if you want to talk.
Mommy of 5
mambo1@mindspring.com

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Katy said...

I am so sorry you are having such a rough time. I can't imagine the pain you go through with this. I wish I could be of help....sending love and prayers your way! xoxo