I got a phone call from my Aunt Linda last night, telling me that she got a phone call from my other "unknown until now" Aunt Linda, who lives in Texas. She wanted to talk to my Uncle Drew (Aunt Linda's husband) or my mom, because it turns out that after my grandma and grandpa split in 1952, my grandpa went on to get remarried and have 5 children. My mom was raised by her mom and stepdad, and her real dad was never a part of her life. Well, now her real dad, my real grandpa, wants to meet everyone. It's a long story, because my grandma brainwashed my mom and uncle into hating their real dad and he tried to see them, but my grandma made it horrid for him, so he gave up. He is sorry now and realizes it was a mistake, but better late than never, I always say. I am very excited to meet my 78 year old grandpa for the 1st time, as well as my other 3 aunts and 2 uncles I didn't know about till now!!! That means more cousins for Victoria!! YAY! The Aunt Linda from Texas is coming to Michigan in July and I am trying to get my mom, uncle and siblings to go meet her, and my grandpa then. Maybe a dinner at a resturant where everyone feels comfortable and can leave if they want to. My mom is less thrilled with the idea, having been brainwashed against her dad all these years, but I told her everyone deserves a second chance and he does want to explain to her and her brother why he wasn't a part of their lives growing up. I am very excited, to say the least!
Weekend Wrap-up 1/13/18
8 years ago
2 comments:
Oh how exciting! I hope everything goes well in July. :)
What a great idea of getting everyone together at a restaurant. Like you said.. then they can leave whenever they want to. How exciting!! Have you been able to talk/write to your new aunts/uncles & Grandpa yet?
Post a Comment