BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, August 29, 2008

Well....

my first appt went good! I actually am having an ultrasound next Friday. When you have had a c-section, you get 2 ultrasounds for subsequent pregnancies. The first is to make sure the timing is right and you are as far along as you think you are. This is so when they schedule the c-section, they don't make it too early. The 2nd ultrasound is to find out the position of the placenta.

I was given paperwork to go over with my husband about wether to choose another c-section this time around, or try a Vbac. Because it's been 3 years since I last gave birth, and because I am young, healthy and the only reason Victoria was a c-section was because she turned over, the chance of me having a successful vbac is high. However, there are risks involved, the biggest being a ruptured uterus, which can be deadly and at the very least would be double infection risk and harm to the baby and most likely a hysterectomy. So, just to be safe (as safe as surgery can be) we are going with another c-section. Having a 3 year old and having no family or friends nearby to watch her, means going into labor at 3am would be awful. I don't know what we would do with her. At least this way I can plan to have someone come to the hospital to watch her while I have my c-section and then Andrew will take over and care for Victoria.

He also talked to me about a Quad 4 test and we are declining this as well. I am young, healthy and there are no defects on either side of the family so we feel confident in our decision. Besides, I will be having the baby either way, wether something is wrong or not. And the doctor did say that sometimes it comes back that something is abnomal and then you have to go thru more tests and sometimes find nothing was wrong. I don't want the stress of that.

He told me that since Andrew is the one that clearly makes the big babies (Maddy was 8lbs 9oz and Victoria was 8lbs, 12 oz) that this child will most likely be over 9 pounds (Glad for the c-section then!!). He said you get much bigger much quicker with your 2nd pregnancy, so I will be convinced that I am having twins no matter how many scans he gives me and so on.

I am very excited for the ultrasound next week. It was too early to hear the heartbeat, but I should see it next week on the ultrasound. I had an ultrasound with Victoria at 12 weeks as well, and I remember it so clearly.

I am extremely nervous about the birth part though. I don't spend much time away from Victoria and have never spent more than 4 hours away, so to be at the hospital and have to spend 3 whole nights away from her is really bringing me down. But I know she will bond with her daddy in that time and I am so confident and trust him completely with her, so that part is good. I am a bit bummed that he won't be able to spend as much time with me at the hospital (he didn't leave my side for 2.5 days with Victoria) but that's just what happens when you have more children I suppose.

3 comments:

Sandra Carvalho said...

Good to know that everything is ok with you and the baby!
C sections are not my style though!LOL!
I think I couldn't deal with the whole recovery process!
But when it's needed that's definitely the best choice.
Take care!
*muack*

Sandra Carvalho said...

Ohhhh!Just one share with you that you're not alone in the big babies thing!LOL!
My first was:9.34 pounds
2nd: 7.20 pounds(but was born at my 36th week!)
3rd:8.04 pounds
xoxo

sashastri said...

Looks amazing!!!! /I look forward to your feedback /thanks for this man it was very helpful.

Child Care VIC