Well, here we are, mid July, in the middle of summer vacation. I am definitely enjoying having my girl home and also not having to do school runs. I am trying to decide if I want to send Adam (3) to school this fall or not. There are so many pros and cons. And it would add alot of extra miles daily. I am just trying to make a decision, preferably before August 1st. Sigh. He is potty training right now, and going like a champ. I wish his brother would follow suit as it would sure be nice to be out of diapers completely.
The kids are all doing great. Victoria is 6 now, and has lost a total of 5 teeth, 3 within the last 2 weeks and she has 2 more very loose ones. She is growing so big and gets smarter by the day. She loves to read and loves playing Minecraft on her iPod. She is missing her friends and talks about going back to school constantly. The only thing she likes about summer vacation is going to bed later than normal. Which means more time on her iPod or reading. :) I still can't believe my girl is going to be in 1st grade in a few short weeks and gone from me all day long. I have never been away from her longer than 3 hours in her life, except for when I had Henry. I am very nervous but I am sure she will do fine. We have been having a few of her friends over for playdates so she doesn't go months without talking to them and she is eagerly awaiting to see who all will be in her class. There are a few I hope are and a few I hope are not. We shall see in just a few short weeks.
Adam is doing wonderfully as well. He turned 3 in March. His speech has just taken off and he talks in complete sentences and I pretty much understand everything he says. As I mentioned above, he decided to potty train himself and goes like a pro. He is still very into his cars and trains and iPad. He loves Victoria to pieces and they have a very close relationship. Adam is my little lover and nothing crushes him more than thinking someone is mad at him. It's kinda sad because his siblings take advantage of that and tell him they are mad which really upsets him. He is still my big boy, in the 95th percentile for both height and weight. I hope he ends up big like daddy. He has the most amazing brown eyes and is 100% boy, be it a sensitive one. He loves playing outside, in the mud, more than anything. He also loves sleeping and is my best sleeper and has been since day one. I am so proud of how far he has come. He keeps talking about going to school in the fall, so I will most likely end up trying him out with school at least. I don't know how I will be away from him for 4 hours a day 4 days a week, but I know it is probably best for him. Sigh.
Henry...ah, Henry. He will be 2 in just 3 short weeks. I can't believe my baby is nearly 2. Henry is...easily my most demanding and exhausting child. He is very different from the other 3 children, and needs constant interaction or he gets into things and causes chaos. As long as he gets that interaction, he is a loving little guy, but if he doesn't, watch out world. He has a scream louder than any scream I have ever heard. Ever. He LOVES the outdoors and LOVES animals more than anything. He wants to play with his siblings but doesn't quite know how so he ends up left out alot and it upsets him and he hits them and takes their toys away. He is a stinker. But he is also very loving and VERY smart, perhaps smarter than the other 3 at this age. He is also easily my best eater and will try anything. He is 100% mommas boy and prefers me over anyone else. He is growing so fast although he is very small for his age. I think that will change as he seems to be built like his daddy at this age. He is still very light haired and light skinned and his eyes are dark brown as well. I just love him to bits.
Madelynn just turned 13! I can't believe I have a teenager living in my house. So weird! She is about 3 inches taller than me and her feet are bigger than mine. She is a typical teen, eating me out of house and home! She is still super thin. She is very much into her iPod and Minecraft as well. And boys and makeup and clothes and well, all the typical things teens are into. She is super smart, insanely witty and very beautiful. Its fun having her around.
Andrew has a job and he has been there for nearly a year. He is loving it and has made some great friends there as well. One friend has a roommate couple and we have become friends with them and I watch their daughter a few days a week. She is 3, just a month older than Adam and it's nice to have the kids socialize with someone that is not a sibling. The little girl, Madyson, has a baby brother on the way next month. It will be so cool having a little baby around sometimes! My kids love babies. I don't know how often I will be able to watch them once school starts up, but I will at least try to get my hands on that baby a few days a week. :)
Well, that is pretty much my life at the moment. I want to try to update this blog often so my kids have a bit of a record of their lives. I told myself to do it years ago, but life gets in the way and I don't get as much online time as I like and its difficult to remember to update. I am going to set myself a reminder in my phone to see if that helps!
:)
1 comments:
Yay! I love this update! Love seeing and hearing all about your kids and family. :) You MUST update more often! I update mine a few nights a week once the kids are in bed. It's my "downtime". Miss you!
Post a Comment